Who is eligible to apply for nap mat replacements?
We will help early childhood programs serving newborns through age 5 to create safe and healthy indoor environments. Eligible applicants will be:
- Located in Vermont.
- A nonprofit childcare and/or preschool program, or a for-profit childcare program with a non-profit fiscal sponsor.
- Participating in STARS, having attained at least one STAR.
Toxins in Child Care Programs:
Check out these links to envision what your eco-healthy childcare program could look like!
What does Toxin Free Kids support?
We will support projects that create a safe and healthy indoor environment in the areas where children spend their time. Eligible projects will be:
- Requests in the range of $500 – $5,000.
- Completed within 1 year after grant is awarded.
- Located where children sleep, eat, play, or learn indoors or outdoors (rather than administrative areas).
Projects may be either:
- Facility improvements, such as VOC-free paint, or non-toxic flooring, or
- Equipment or Furnishings, such as VOC-free furniture, or playground equipment.
This funding may not be used for consumable purchases; that is, anything that is used up and purchased again regularly (such as cleaning products, food, and art supplies).
Our program is under development and will resume with updated criteria in Spring 2019, please return for new information then!